Saturday, December 1, 2012

Low Tech Machines: Un-Knitting is Knotty Too

I meant to post this yesterday but what better way to celebrate the first day of December than to stumble upon an awesome new machine. I shared with you in this post  that I love to recycle store bought sweaters, but this machine turns it into a much more efficient process. The teapot is used to steam the yarn, removing any kinks in it before it is wound onto the ferris wheel. After that, the ball is wound using a ball winder into a center pull cake. How awesome would it be to have one of these? I could unravel a sweater in a few short sittings and get exercise while doing it! I'm off to go hunt through the garage to see if it might be possible to make one of these bad boys!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear comments! You can leave a comment as Anonymous but I would also love to know who you are and what you think of my blog!