Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Best Intentions

So, I mentioned in my last post how I wanted to blog more, right? Well, I have a really cool project that I'm working on that I wanted to share the progress photos but then I was attacked by a wine bottle opener. Yes, I seem to be unable to function sometimes and while trying to open a bottle of wine yesterday, I tore about a half inch chunk out of the finger on my right hand (probably my most used finger too!) and it bled for about twenty to 25 minutes. That puts a bit of a damper on all my plans!

Anyway, I'll just introduce you to the project for now and when my finger heals up to the point that I can actually finish it, I'll have a tutorial for you :)
SDC10515
This is a pretty boring sweatshirt right? I made the mistake of taking the tie out once to use for a headband and now I can no longer find it. So basically, I've got a basic brown pullover without ties and without interest.
SDC10518
I put the sweater on and used a washable pen to make dots so that I could determine how big I wanted the applique to be on my chest.
SDC10521
Then, I drew half of a heart on a folded piece of felt so that I could have a symmetrical patch to sew on. It has since been sewn on but I want to embroider something over the top of it (actually, I'll be using the crewel method but I'll talk about that more later).

And, since I can't seem to stop thinking about these puppies, I wanted to share with you another project I am going to start soon. I want to make some felted slippers out of scrap wool yarn that I have lying around. I  didn't make this particular pair but you get the idea. Mine will probably be purple since I have a whole skein of purple yarn that I dyed with koolaid years ago that never turned into anything permanent.

I hope everyone is having a good week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear comments! You can leave a comment as Anonymous but I would also love to know who you are and what you think of my blog!