Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Teach a Man to Fish

Or in this case, teach a friend to knit! I spent my morning teaching a good friend (Hi B!) to knit so that she can make a hat for a Christmas gift. I have always homemade gifts for holidays since I learned how to knit and crochet. I find it so much more rewarding to make and give a handmade present because I put a LOT of time into making it. One year, I even made all my roommates little stuffed animals out of this book. 
SDC10472
I think it is so important to share skills and knowledge, which is one of the reasons I started blogging. When people share ideas they are excited about and help other people, they usually feel more involved and connected to their community. When I teach my friends or they teach me something awesome, I definitely bond with them over our newly shared skills. B and I will definitely have more knitting lessons in the future where we can bond over tea, chat about our lives, and just have fun! Is there anything you've been wanting to learn that a friend can teach you? Maybe next time you spend time with that person you could bribe them with a bottle of wine to share their skills with you... by the way, does anybody know how to play the ukelele?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear comments! You can leave a comment as Anonymous but I would also love to know who you are and what you think of my blog!